Sunday, May 27, 2007

MyBlog

So, I decided that since not everyone is as into MySpace as I am, I should maybe start posting regular blogs for family and friends. This, dear family and friends, would be my first official "blogger". The Lawrence family is currently still suffering from slight jet lag, and I am grateful that it is a holiday weekend so we can all recover from our trip. With the twins' 2nd birthday FAST approaching....I know, can you believe it?!...we decided that we had better take one last trip to Hawaii to see Great Grandma smith before our airfare quickly doubles. I NOW know WHY airlines start charging at age 2...it's their polite way of saying, "parents, don't you think you need a vacation on your OWN?!" Boy was the trip HARDLY a trip! More work for mom than had we just stayed home! Somehow we managed through the 8 days, but oddly enough, I was never more happy to be home. I always kind of knew that Livi was a fish, but I had NO idea HOW much of a fish she actually IS! The days of RELAXING at the beach are now officially over. Thats right...this girl is not just easily pleased playing where the sand meets the water...she wants to actually be IN the water, and 5 minutes is hardly long enough! Thank goodness she has that olive skin, unlike Luke, so I don't have to worry so much about the sunscreen factor! Luke, my little chiller, IS easily pleased playing under the unbrella with sand (or anything that can be easily thrown) and his "bye bye's" a.k.a toy cars.


hum...I wonder if there is anything interesting at the top of this hat???

The trip overall, really was so much fun. We spent one day in town, first at Ala Moana Park beach, and then relocated further down to Waikiki Beach. I, of course, am a city girl and love the hustle and bustle of life, people and all the fun shopping and laying out to be done in Waikiki/Honolulu. Somehow I get the feeling that it can be a little tiring for others...After Waikiki, we drove to Diamond Head for a little hike. Turned out to be more than what I could have bargained for! My mom, dad, and I all took turns CARRYING Luke to the top! Lucky for Nathan, Livi wanted to hike herself and didn't need anyone carrying her...you know, seeing as how she's a big girl and all...Here's a picture of them taking little "rest"

ok, so Livi LOVES babies...especially her cousin Saxon. I think sometimes Livi thinks she is "the mommy" because she is always trying to be "helpful". The majority of the time Saxon smiles at her and laughs, but sometimes I wonder if this is how he is secretly feeling inside!!!

We thought it would be a fun idea to go over to the temple after church on Sunday since it was the next parking lot over. I was extremely hopeful that we would get at least on family picture...instead, this is what I got...
Laie, Hawaii Temple

Livi saying, I thought we were going to take a picture????!!!!


Luke saying, "mom, I am tired, and its hot...can we just go home??"

And NOW saying...I AM DONE JU! Cuz you know they don't call me mommy nor have they ever...it's always been Ju. Maybe I should have my friends and clients start calling me mommy. Maybe they'll get it then!

Sunday dinner was a little bit bigger than my Uncle and Aunt are used to...I am sure they didn't mind...plus, it's always so fun to play with my little cousins!!! The picture below is about half of my mom's side of the family.


Amber and I thought we would actually be able to get a picture with the twins and cousin Jessie. Again...WHAT were we thinking?

Ok, now lets try with Lori Anne. This time we at least got Livi's face.

We took the babies horseback riding on Grandpa's ranch for the first time. I really was more worried about Luke than Livi. Luke tends to be a little more introverted, and Livi...for sure is not. To my surprise, Luke was MORE than excited...and wanted to pet EVERY horse before and after the ride. He even got to go on an unplanned gallop with grandma when my cousin Kayla's (who is 4) horse decided she wanted to go back home! He actually only got scared and cried for like a second! I think maybe he was born to be like his great grandpa, a cowboy!


I think we ALL felt like this by the end of the ride! I must say, it was a fun ride, and though the babies won't remember it in the future...they had a great time!

We'll I've got some more fun pics...but I feel like I have been doing this for hours now...being that its my first BLOGGER...so I think I'll take a break and post some more later!


1 comments:

KAT said...

You sound like you had fun in Hawaii! I love all the pictures!