Monday, August 13, 2007

Its been WAY too long!!!!

I can't believe HOW long it has been since I have posted a blog! Shows you how busy our little family has been! The last posting was a little late anyway with the twins 2nd birthday party...Now I can finally write about our Cruise in June! We went on a Cruise with the entire Gustavson side of the Family. We docked out of Tampa, and ported in Grand Cayman (where Nathan and I went on our honeymoon) and Cozumel. We had an AWESOME time! Grand Cayman is small...22 miles long and 8 miles wide, and we had pretty much already seen everything to be seen there, but it was definitely fun taking the kids to the turtle farm, to hell, and to Stingray Sandbar! I will post a slide show with pictures...but before we got to Tampa...we had to actually GET there! We left out of Orange County, and flew to Houston. What was supposed to be an hour layover, ended up being almost 3 I think. I was in a panic as I realized I hadn't packed enough diapers, and the only ones I could find in the airport were for up to 25 pounds. Obviously my kids had surpassed that! Thankfully, the babies for the most part were cheerful! I actually snapped my most favorite pic of them from the whole trip in the airport. Tell me this isn't the cutest, and that it won't be great for blackmail later?

To our surprise, as we were walking to our gate, we ran into our long time friend, Ryan Stringham who was on his way to El Salvador. It definitely helped us not be so grumpy for the unexpected layover, and I think he was happy, because it saved him from having to watch 2 DVD's to pass the time! We always love seeing him, and it was great to catch up!

The next day (still the day before we deported) was Fathers Day. We spent the morning going to Church, and then we went over to the mall that was close to where we were staying to the Cheese Cake Factory so some yummy food~ A long time friend from San Jose, Cindi (Carter) McGrath, (who lives in Ocala) drove the 2 hours to come meet up with us for dinner and some play time. After we ate, we took the kids to the playground area in the mall to let them run wild for a while. This woman is a new mother of 3, and this was one of her first outings on her own! She did great, and was so brave to make the trek to come spend time with us on her own with the 3 kids. They are adorable, and I was SO glad we had the chance to catch up! Its not often that I actually get to see her!



The next afternoon was when we finally set sail for a wonderful trip with the entire family! Here's a slide show of some of the pictures we took! Enjoy!


0 comments: