Sunday, July 20, 2008

Family Time = Fun Time!!!

So right now we are in the middle of a Gustavson Family Reunion...something we ALL look forward to every year. This year is a little different for us, in that, everyone came to US! We actually had decided on North Shore, Oahu last year, and it just so happened that THIS YEAR we live here! It has been SO much fun! My mom actually arrived 2 weeks ago, I know, crazy, and then the rest of the family all trickled in with the final arrival this past Thursday.

This year is a definite treat because the twins have always been the only Great Grand Children at the Reunions (my nephew Saxon couldn't come to the reunion last year, because we did a Cruise that left the country, and because his adoption wasn't final yet, he couldn't leave the US), and my other cousins' son was just a year old, and let's be honest..who wants to take a 1 year old on a cruise? Sorry Landon that you had to stay home! So, this year, not only are Saxon and Landon here, but 3 of my cousins also had babies earlier this year, and my sister in law is pregnant, along with Landon's mom, so next year we will have even MORE additions! It has definitely been SO much fun with the babies, but we came to the sad realization that the reunions were going to have to become a little more "kid friendly" these next few years.

Here are some pictures from some of the moments we have had thus far...

First official picture with the new camera, Turtle Bay Beach!

Sprinkling Sand

Turtle Bay Resort Pool

We went to Waimea Falls for the "hike"which is more like a "walk" to the falls. Unfortunately, we came at one of the 3 times a year that there are no falls. It's just too dry. I had never seen the water level so low. Nonetheless, we had a great time enjoying the beauty of all the foliage around us!

The Non Existent Falls

I'm not quite sure when Luke got pregnant...but...WHATEVER?! Such a bad shot! It's a good thing he isn't a girl!

Livi trying to "fan off" in the heat!

This is such a cute picture of my nephew Saxon and cousin Landon. They were "hopping" down each stair!

Livi's smile in this picture cracks me up! What the Heck?!
After the fun at Waimea Falls, we headed to Waimea Bay for Swimming and Sun!

I love this picture of Saxon!

My brother looks like an old man here! But we were having so much fun attempting to take pictures underwater...THAT was hard! Salt water is NEVER fun to open your eyes in for too long of a time!
Remember my little cousin Haley? Looks who's growing up now!
After a long day of fun filled activities and too much sun, we all go together in one of the condos to play games. We are a VERY competitive family. We could hear the kids screaming upstairs, and this is what we found!

Luke, Landon, Olivia

4 comments:

Arianne Lewis said...

Oh man I miss Oahu so badly! I can almost smell it when I read yours and my friends' hilarys blogs. Such cute kids! Sure miss you!

shira said...

I just can't get over how insanely cute your kids are! I saw them with your husband at Taco Bell the other day and they were acting so cute!

Missi Waldron said...

SO fun!! I love the underwater pics... you look great and I still can't get over how big your "little ones" are!

Courtney Jo said...

Hi Jule,

Toby and I are going to Turtle Bay in November for our anniversary. Since you're a local now, I thought you might have some tips for us. Send me an email when you get a chance (courtini@hotmail.com)!

Courtney