Thursday, May 1, 2008

Tagged

So, I've been tagged a bunch lately, but honestly, I've been busy...ok, or so I think. Well I AM in the middle of a move. We're now totally moved in, but no TV or Internet until this coming Monday, and we're on a hunt to find beds, a couch, and a washer and dryer...to START OFF the list. Anyway, because of the lack of a W/D I'm at my friend Jackie's...doing loads and loads, and have the chance to get online...and I think I'll finally do a tag....so here goes...

The 5's Tag

10 Years Ago:
10 years ago I was 19 turning 20, going to college,or at least SAYING I was and...well, let's just be honest...loving and living the somewhat single life.

5 Years Ago:
5 years ago I had just moved to Southern California, we bought our first home (which we only stayed in for exactly one year before I just HAD to have that bigger house :)) and was finishing up Cosmetology School.

5 Months Ago:
I put my life into storage, and moved to Hawaii.

5 Things on my To Do list today:
1. Laundry
2. Buy Beds, a Washer and Dryer, and a Couch...for starters
3. Unpack boxes
4. organize
5. Ummm, make chocolate chip cookies?! I'm just SO excited to actually HAVE a FULL kitchen!

5 Snacks I enjoy:
1. Grapes
2. Tostitos with Salsa
3. Cheese and crackers
4. Pretzel Dip and Pretzels!
5. Shave Ice

5 Things I would do if I were suddenly a billionaire:
1. Pay off all our houses
2. Get a REALLY GOOD financial planner
3. Invest
4. Donate to worthy causes and charities/ start up a non profit
5. Build and fully furnish my dream home.

5 of my Bad Habits:
1. Procrastination
2. General laziness
3. Gossiping- I don't think I'm as bad as I used to be, but that might just be because I don't have as many people out here to gossip with...(stealing this from Elsha! Thanks! It works perfect for me too!)
4. Talking on my cell phone....all the time....in the car
5. Taking the laundry out of the dryer and leaving in the basket, instead of putting it away.

5 Places I have lived:
1. Chicago, Ill (where I was born, though, I don't remember any of it)
2. San Jose, CA
3. Orem, Ut
4. Murrieta, CA
5. Laie, HI (and now Hauula, HI)

5 Things people don't know about me: (this is kind of hard)
1. I absolutely HATE tomatoes and anything associated with them or even in red color, besides Salsa
2. Though I definitely like desserts, I'm not a huge dessert fan and definitely can't have too much at one time.
3. I have naturally wavy/curly hair. We call it the dreaded "Gustavson Wave" I've been lucky to be able to straighten it here in Hawaii thus far, but I feel my days are numbered with the increasing heat and humidity.
4.I have traveled to 32 of the 50 states (to my knowledge) and have visited at least 13 different countries that I can remember at the moment.
5. I play the piano and have for years, but have been hiding my talent FOR SURE in Hawaii, because quite honestly, I'm tired of having a music calling....all the time! shhhhh, don't tell.


* On an entirely different note, my lack of blogging has been due to no camera and no internet connection. I should be back up and running by Monday for sure! I can't believe it's already MAY!

3 comments:

Karie said...

It's nice when wards have a couple of good pianists to share the blessing. I think I've been the ward choir pianist (in addition to other callings) for about 25 years! This makes one a very good sight reader - see, the blessings! ha!

ShOrt StoRy said...

love it, and glad that you have a bigger place!

Krissy Lowe said...

That was so fun to read. Good luck with the move, we are now just resurfacing from ours. Moving is the worst!