Tuesday, April 22, 2008

"White Gloved"


Tonight Luke was outside playing, and came in and brought me a flyer for "Family day out at the Game Center"....attached to it was a small little note that said, "White glove on 23rd Wednesday 7:00pm to 8:30pm. Keep your house clean and safe, no shoe racks outside, All belongs outside home must be tagged". I seriously didn't even know things like this existed here, I mean....seriously?! Do I live in the dorms right now?! Where am I? Funny thing is, we're moving out of here on Friday, so you can imagine what the place looks like...boxes everywhere, organization going on...etc. So Nathan called our wonderful RA to inform him we were moving out 2 days later, and could we hold off on the "white glove check" until then? Not so wonderfully, he told us no. So... lucky me. I get to try and "clean" around the "moving mess"...and THEN do it again 2 days later. I'm throwing a party for myself as soon as I'm out of here. Who's coming?

*On a side note, we had a fabulous idea to take the kids to the Game Center on Saturday Night since they have now taken the only other form of evening activities away from us...(yes, they closed down the Lai'e Movie Theater...bummer....)We thought it would be fun to let the kids go bowling. And great fun it was, after waiting for a half hour outside in the rain for a "private party" to end...only to go in, get set up, Livi take off her shoe, and drop an 11 pound bowling ball on her foot. I seriously thought she broke it, and was a little freaked out, to say the least. THANKFULLY there just HAPPENED to be a Pediatrics Nurse at the Game Center with her family, was able to come check out her foot, determine that it wasn't broken, and pop that poor second toe back into place. Wasn't THAT fun?!

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

I can't believe they are really making you clean...That is crazy!

Poor Livi!!! I hope her foot is doing ok.

Peterson Clan said...

OMG Jule I can't believe you have to go through all of that stupid student housing DRAMA!!! How annoying is that? So sorry. Are you still planning on moving into that one house that you showed me on line? Please call me when you get a chance...We seriously need to CATCH UP!! Love and Miss you so much!! -Jenn xoxo

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

WHAT? They closed the Laie theater? How sad...Paul & I saw the Book of Mormon movie there one Halloween night - we were, however, the ONLY ones in the theater! So, what if you don't clean...won't they just make you move??? :)

Linds said...

Jule,
I am dying for you with the white glove, that is classic! Also Livi's toe, so sad! Dropping the ball stressed me out when we took D bowling. Hang in there! Good luck with the move.

Krissy Lowe said...

I totally remember the white glove check at Ricks, and how much I hated it. They always have such great timing usually finals, or moving in your case. Hang in there.

Chris & Jackie Kontoes said...

I had no idea the theater closed! I have been using my fake student ID for years to get the cheap rate. Now what will I do? ( I guess it is my fault it closed, I kept them from making more money off of me) Now what are they going to put in its place?

Karie said...

OMG! Good thing you're keeping a record of all your exciting adventures. You don't want to forget these gems! I love the bowling ball story. I was playing water polo just a few years ago when one finger joint went totally backwards. I had a friend come over and pop it back. Poor Olivia - it hurts! Hugs and kisses to you all!

Tanya McKibben said...

White glove checks are the worst! How old are we now?? I would go nuts. I am glad you are keeping a positive attitude. We are in Berlin now (for the next 5 months!). I would love to trade places with you for a week to enjoy the beaches. Take care!

Ally said...

ohhh Jule- if I were there I could clean for you. But alas I will think of you while I clean my own house! Hope you are good! :)