Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Edamame


I LOVE LOVE LOVE Edamame! It is one of my most favorite snacks, or veggies, or source of protein to eat! They are delicious, and so healthy for you. So last night, I served Edamame for dinner along with chicken, veggies, and brown rice. I made just enough for me and Nathan, when low and behold, I discovered that my children (age 2) share the SAME love for the soy beans! They chowed almost all of them down, leaving about 3 for me! Thank goodness I had the opportunity to spend hours at Sams Club yesterday waiting for a tire to get replaced, and bought a brand new HUGE bag full! While I definitely appreciate that some of my childrens' favorite snacks include yogurt, carrots, edamame, of course all the fresh fruit you can imagine, and opt for the chicken and brown rice over the macaroni and cheese, should I be worried? Ha Ha. I love it now! There's only so much longer before they are introduced to the juice boxes and fruit snacks and then the junk, so I assume I just better love that they are getting the healthy stuff now! I still love that Livi tastes candy and spits it out and says, "it's yucky!" I'll have to remind her of that in her later years!

4 comments:

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Mmmmmmm.....edamame, warm & lightly salted....love it!

Jennifer said...

My kids discovered them a few years ago and that is one of our favorite snacks too! We always have to have the freezer full!

JasonDebbie said...

ooohh i love edamame! i love it with a little salt on it. and also you know whats good is hummus, i love it with pita bread, but only if its flavored like with garlic or something, not plain.

Krissy Lowe said...

I only wish that my kids would eat something besides mac and cheese and eggos. How did you do it? I have to admit that they do like edamame- kid friendly I guess.