We had a great holiday season and Christmas. We took an overnight flight from Hawaii to Oakland, which, I gotta be honest, I was VERY nervous about. I never know what to expect with the twins when we are flying. Sometimes they will sleep, and sometimes they won't even sit for a second. This time, I actually brought their car seats ON TO the plane, which I haven't done since they were in infant carriers. I thought I would definitely have more of a chance of getting them to sleep, or if anything, be a little more constrained. Thankfully, as soon as we took off those babies were asleep, and quite frankly, so were we! We all slept til we landed. What WASN'T fun, was getting off the plane at almost 6:00am, and the weather was COMPLETELY freezing and we waited almost an hour for our luggage. Not my favorite part. We had 8 pieces of luggage, plus all that we carried on the plane (4 pieces of luggage were HUGE suitcases) so you can imagine what people were thinking as they watched us load all of this into my mother-in-laws Acura TL. Something we laughed about later! Anyway, we had a great time in San Jose. For those of you who really know Nathan, you would be shocked to know that he actually went out with my girlfriends and I that night. I know he wasn't thrilled about being there, especially after not really sleeping the night before due to flying, but we had a fun time. My dear friend Laurie who I have known since Kindergarten, Francia Luna a.k.a Luna I have known since High School, me, and my best friend Sunny who I have known for 15 years.
The next day we went to church with my in laws, which was super fun. Unlike the Temecula area where we split stakes and wards, our old stake is actually realigning stake boundaries, combining stakes, and combining wards! This being due to the fact that it is just too darn expensive to live in the Bay Area. Non of us children can actually afford to live where our parents are anymore, and because of this, parents are now moving out of the area to be closer to their children. They combined my in-law's ward with another ward close to their area (the Parkview Ward) and it was SO much fun to see old friends who were in town visiting their families that are now in that ward! My sister-in-law Mindy flew in later that afternoon from Nashville, and we all hung out at Nathan's parents house, relaxing mostly, and letting Auntie play with the twins. Of course Christmas Eve day was crazy as we were rushing around trying to get last minute presents we weren't able to get before. The nice thing is I felt like we were going to be out with all the crowds, when there really weren't ANY crowds out! My parents, every year, have a big dinner at their house with a bunch of friends coming over, and we eat and then sing some christmas carols and read the story of Jesus' birth. I have always appreciated that tradition growing up, and look forward to continuing it in our little family. Christmas day was crazy, and exciting as the babies are finally at an age where they understand the "santa" concept! In fact, they both have become obsessed with the Polar Express, and the song when "Christmas comes to town", I am shocked at how smart children are and at such a young age! Livi knows all the words to the song! She is so funny. There is a line that says, I guess that Santa's busy, cuz he's never comes around...and Livi to this day will just randomly come up to me and say, I guess that Santa's busy?! LOL Kids say the funniest things! We were spoiled with way too much, and so were the twins! We hope you guys had a wonderful holiday season as well!
Saturday, January 5, 2008
Christmas
Posted by
My Dearest Rich
at
9:19 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Cute pictures! I didn't know that Greg and Kyndra did that Nativity Scene that is rad!
Post a Comment