Tuesday, January 8, 2008

S.M.A.R.T. Goals

Those that are in the corporate world are reminded often of setting "SMART" goals, but since it has been quite a while since I've actually BEEN in the corporate world, it was nice to be reminded of them. A few weeks ago in my sisters' ward, the couple teaching the sunday school lesson, taught us how to make goals using this principle:

Specific
Measurable
Attainable
Results Oriented
Time Definite
I definitely appreciated this lesson, because I think sometimes I do set unattainable goals, or simply set the goals, and never reach them, due to lack of time, or simple forgetfulness! In thinking about setting goals for the year, I thought I would create different categories of goals I would like to accomplish...i.e. Spiritual, physical, mental,family,personal, etc. So, my first goal of the year? To actually SET my goals...make my new years resolutions! It's a clean slate, a fresh start, a new place we're living, with a whole lot of new friends to make... And to make sure I follow all the guidelines in the "SMART" way, I'm giving myself a week! So make sure to ask me about them then! If I can accomplish THAT goal, then I'm off to a good start! :)

1 comments:

Missi Waldron said...

Thanks for sharing this! What a great way to help set "resolutions" (I can always use some help in this area). Hope all is well and say hello to the beautiful Hawaiian beach for me.