1. Where did you meet your husband? I met him through a mutual friend in the singles ward. When I was going to UVSC, I hung out with a bunch of friends from the stake who were going to both UVSC and BYU. Naturally, when we went home for the summer, we continued hanging out. One of the guys' Shea Wade, happened to be Nathan's best friend, so we all hung out that way. I remember the first time I saw him though, he was sitting in the back row, like he always does, and I was in the foyer with one of my best friends. I took one look at him and said, Who is THAT? And told her I was going to marry him. Can you imagine how shocked she was 4 years later when I called her to tell her that I really WAS marrying him?!
2.What was the first thing said? I honestly have NO idea! It was like 11 years ago. I remember at the time he was a man of few words, so FOR SURE it had to be me that had started the conversation!
3. What was your first date? Well...we were good friends for 4 years before we actually started dating, so we had definitely hung out a lot before actually dating. In fact, I flew out with his family to his graduation from BYU Hawaii, with a super huge crush, but dating someone else. :( When I got back from the trip I told my parents I wouldn't be hanging out with Nathan anymore, because he basically ditched me the whole trip. It was awful. So, his friend Shea got married that next May, and we were at the reception, when Nathan actually asked me on our first date. I stood him up! HA, I laugh about it now, because it really was so funny, and awesome. I was still bent about Hawaii, obviously! But then he went through all these crazy hoops to try to win me over. First date, U-571. Don't even remember what it was about, but remember being not interested because it wasn't a chick flick. It was perfect, because then I could really focus more on him! :)
4. How long did you date? Well that date was sometime in May of 2000, and we were engaged by the beginning of July, and married in November. I guess 6 months?
5. First kiss? We had spent the day in Monterey/Carmel with my family, and gone to the beautiful white sand beaches, and also gone Kayaking. I think it was when we finally got home, and he dropped me off at my parents house. I remember being so nervous, because I had already known 4 years before that I would marry him, and I knew once we kissed, it was over. I was only 21 and felt I was WAY too young to even consider getting married!
6. Where did you get engaged? We actually got engaged at my best friends Dad's house in the backyard! My best friend was in town from San Diego, and I was spending the night at her house. He had already gotten the ring, and was just so anxious to give it to me, that he had arranged with her to do it there. They had tiki torches all around their pool in the backyard, so he had lit them all, and had some chocolates and 2 dozen roses on the patio table. My best friend asked me to go outside and get something out of the barn, and when I walked out, I was surprised to see what was going on! He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him... I of course said yes...and my best friend STILL gets satisfaction to this day about how she snuck onto the roof to watch it all go down! Oh, girls will be girls...ESPECIALLY us girls! I can't WAIT til the day happens for her!
7. Where did you get married? Even though the more logical thing would have been to get married in the Oakland Temple, being from the Bay Area and all...we had to do it princess style. That's right! We made everyone fly to San Diego for a night, so we could get married in the best temple on earth!
8.How did the reception go? The reception? well, funny thing....I wanted our "reception" at this beautiful bed and breakfast in Morgan Hill. Because they wanted to keep it a quaint bed and breakfast, you could technically only have 299 guests, and a guest list. How do you take a list of 600 people and cut it down to 299? So, we got married in San Diego on a Thursday night, had a reception up north on Friday Night, and another one Saturday Night at my parents house. Total guests around 600 for both nights. We had 2 awesome receptions, not counting the kidney stone Nathan passed one night! They were both so much fun that we actually missed our flight the next morning for the Cayman Islands! Oops! Oh well, we just left later.
9. Where did you go on your honeymoon? Oh, OOPS. Cayman Islands. It was awesome, and SO relaxing! And even more awesome was that the Cayman Islands was one of our stops on our cruise this summer, so we revisited all the fun places we went while there, and this time with our kids!
10. Do you have a song? um, no...not really. But lots of songs that remind me of him. :) We really don't share the same taste in music...AT ALL!
So, because Lindsay tagged all the Temecula friends, and I KNOW you girls are all going to do it, right? I want to tag friends that I don't know their stories! I'm tagging Julie B., Annie, Ari, Jill H., Tanya, Stephanie J., Kristen, Karon, and Jenny M. :)
Thursday, January 31, 2008
I've been Tagged!!!
Posted by
My Dearest Rich
at
11:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
That was fun to read. I didn't know all those stories! Thanks for sharing!
I tried to email your "tag" to you rather than post it here. Just wanted you to know I take a "tag" seriously. :)
Post a Comment