Friday, January 4, 2008

Old and New Traditions

My Uncle and Aunt live out here in Laie, and have for the past 15 years, if not longer. The majority of the time living here, they have lived in their house they built on my Grandpa's Ranch. So, for the last, at LEAST 10 years, since that is how old their oldest, Lori Ann is, they have had a tradition where they've invited friends over for a pot luck dinner, and then had a live Nativity program after. This year, we were able to be a part of that wonderful experience. We have always had the tradition as a family to read in Luke on Christmas Eve, and even acted out parts, but this was a first for us with LIVE animals! The twins, of course, LOVED it....but had a little bit of "stage fright" when they were asked if they wanted to be shepherds. Maybe if we're still here next Christmas, they will not be so scared!

My cousin Lori Ann was Mary, and even rode in to the stage area on a donkey!

My sweet cousin Kayla, who is 3 1/2 came "flying down" as the angel! Something new that my uncle "created" this year! It was adorable. I'm sure all the other kids were jealous. :)

This is my sweet youngest cousin, Jayden, who happens to be 2 months older than the twins. I love to see them interact with her. As you can see from the picture, Luke is deathly afraid of the goat, and Jayden is fine with dragging him around!
Livi had no fear in holding a Chicken
Lori Ann

Jayden

Jessica

Tanner...the only boy out of 5 kids

Livi, Jayden, Kayla, Luke

The twins sure are happy to have these "built in" friends here. They don't quite understand that they are cousins, and even as I am composing this blog, Livi is looking at the pictures going, Owwww....Mommy...FRIENDS! I wike friends! (We can't quite say the "L" sound!) They really are so happy to play with these sweet cousins of mine, and jumpy jumpy on their trampoline, and swing on the swingset, or slide, and play with the animals. Its a good thing they don't remember from when we were out here last in May, that just up the street from their house is where all the horses and other animals are. I have YET to take them up there, because I know once I do, that is the ONLY place they will want to play, and its still raining, and I refuse to allow red dirt stains on ALL their clothes! ;) For now, they will have to be happy riding on these horsies!


1 comments:

Missi Waldron said...

The live Nativity looks incredible.. I mean, a 3 year old harnessed in and flying? Amazing! I am sure it is nice to have family close by and I love seeing the pictures of Luke and Liv... they are so cute! Hope you are having a wonderful new year. Keep in touch!