My cute friend Lindsey and her adorable husband Seth have the luxury of living in the same apartments as us. They are cute, and young, and are in the early stages of a long road of undergraduate school/dental school/possibly specializing...THANK GOODNESS they're so young! The other day she posted a blog called Day Dreams, and talked about the long road they have ahead, but how she is grateful she can dream about the fresh cut flowers she will have fill her home one day, or that craft room we all dream about, or even the kitchen aid! It got me thinking, what if you had all that, and one day made the hugest sacrifice for your husband, because that's what we wives do, right?!...and packed all your day dreams up and put them in storage. I started to remember that house we own...
and how much I miss having that large kitchen that was filled with the kitchen aid, and all other kitchen essentials...
...I mean, even having counter space to PREPARE a meal would be a luxury to me these days, or feeling like you have room to feed the missionaries...

and I wonder if our current tenants know how lucky they are to HAVE so much room...
I miss having the grand entry room with the cathedral ceilings, and the banister to decorate (especially this past Christmas...:( )
And having my own bedroom and bathroom...

And of course I miss the toy room, the kids own rooms, and all the extra space....
But I hadn't found the dinning set of my dreams yet...
And even though we did have a backyard...the grass never could grow real nice because the soil was so bad, and the wild rabbits wouldn't stay away...
We hadn't lived there long enough to have some nice foliage around the yard and the weather is miserably hot and dry in the summer...So for now, I'll trade in the brown, dry and now charred hills of So Cal
for the beautifully green and tropical hills of Hawaii...that old backyard for the new backyard...
...and while I might not have my big kitchen anymore... how many of you can say you have...
in my opinion, the absolute BEST SUBS....EVER!...
...OR...
...or can hear the drum rolls, chants, and dancing of the beautiful island culture from your backyard?
...So while I day dream about the things I miss at home, I think in the short year we are here, I will enjoy what I do have....after all...you can't have it all!



3 comments:
Awe! Thats the attitude I like to hear! We are lucky girls living in paradise! Go us!
PS
Your house in CA is amazing! You should get a "supportive wife of the year" trophy for sure.
I went walking past your (CA) house the other day and saw the tenants driving out of the garage...I was so sad to see someone else occupying that beautiful home. I love this blog entry and what a great outlook you have. Come July, you will be so grateful to be by the beautiful beaches of Hawaii enjoying your favorite sub and shaved ice, while us here in the desert are suffering through a miserable summer with house flies and horrific electric bills. Enjoy your time there and then come on back!
Oh my goodness Jules! Is that really your California home? It is amazing! I hope you are having luck finding a place outside of TVA. I'm sure something great will come around! (With a yard for the kids to play)
Post a Comment