Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Fun at Gunstock Ranch!!!!

So yesterday we headed to the Ranch for their annual Easter Egg Hunt...and WHAT and event it was! I had NO idea that SO many people came! It was crazy, and of course, in all of Hawaii's glory it started POURING almost exactly at 10:00 (when the egg hunt started). Of course it didn't last long, and the festivities began....Here are a few pictures from the event! The kids were actually not so interested in the actual egg hunt, but more the Easter Bunny and riding horses. It was a great way to wear them out before going to town for the good ol' Costco trip. Oh how not fun Costco is, especially on a Saturday!

I tried to capture just HOW MANY people were there, but this doesn't even really do justice!
Notice Luke's Easter Basket?! Ha! Its his Sand Bucket! Sadly, those adorable Easter Buckets I got them from Pottery Barn last year sit in storage, collecting dust. Oh well, there's always next year, right?
I don't quite remember WHAT exactly was going on with Livi in this picture, but I do know that she was SO uninterested in the actual Egg Hunt, and was MORE interested in where the Easter Bunny went? And lets go find him!
I borrowed Jackie's Camera for the event, and Livi thought the Camera Case was a purse, and wouldn't put it down for a second!
Of course Livi had NO FEAR of the Easter Bunny...in fact, she couldn't figure out HOW the Easter Bunny knew her name! Luke on the other hand? FREAKED OUT!!! Even when I whispered in his ear that it was just cousin Ryan in the costume, he still didn't believe me! He eventually warmed up to him! ;)
We got Luke to warm up enough to actually sit on the Easter Bunny's lap long enough to capture a shot of the twins with Jessie and Kayla. You can still see the uneasiness in his poor little face though. Poor little guy!
Then came the fun! They had horse riding set up for the kids! My kids thought that it would be really fun to wait in the super long line to ride the horses around the arena once! I mean, we can basically come ride horses any time we want, but because every one else was doing it, they of course had to too! It was worth the wait! The kids loved it so much and rode all by themselves. They didn't want mommy helping them! Grandpa Smith would be so proud!
I know that it kind of looks like Luke was scared in these pictures, but he was anything BUT! He was more irritated that I wanted to take pictures of the event!

Sadly for Livi I just couldn't get a picture of her sweet face. The wind was blowing, and it was wet from the rain. I think I either need to cut her bangs, which I really don't want to do, or pin her down on a daily basis to get her hair up and out of her face!

And finally, this is a complete flashback. Remember this picture from one of my first blogs of our trip to Hawaii last May? This was a candid we had taken of Livi on the Ranch THEN.
I almost got the same shot of her again NOW.
It almost makes me want to cry! They grow up, and get so big....so fast.... :(

3 comments:

shira said...

I can't get over how cute your kids are!

The McGraths said...

looks like lots of fun! I wish someone would do something like that here. No one is into holidays around here

Krissy Lowe said...

Looks like so much fun. I love the horse back riding. But, honestly can you beat the easter bunny on the harley? I know that my boys missed that this year.:)