So, since I'm in a "non accumulative" phase of my life...and by that I mean, NO ROOM to store ANYTHING, and anything we get here will have to be either given away or shipped home so I am cautious as to what we buy, etc...the twins didn't get the "traditional basket". I mean, for one, I couldn't even FIND regular Easter Baskets that weren't already filled with JUNK (candy and that kind of stuff). For 2, and I know Jenn, you probably think I am SO MEAN! But I am just not ready to subject my kids to diabetes. I am not a candy person as it is, so my kids really don't even know what it is, besides Twizlers (a weakness of mine). 3) They aren't even 3 yet, so I really didn't feel like candy was appropriate for them as it is. Since we are moving into a house at the end of next month, I don't want to add to much more to our life to move, so instead this is what they woke up too. They are always sitting in our friends' chairs at the beach (you know, the adult versions) and they really need some beach chairs/ camping chairs, since Nathan would like to do that more. So, I bought these chairs for them at Walmart, and then got them a bunch of sidewalk Chalk, play dough, new light them up tooth brushes, cars for Luke and princess stickers for Olivia. They were SO excited, and I was glad they were content with that. Next year will probably be a different story, but this is what I was able to get away with for this year!
* I forgot to add that after all my hard work in keeping them away from the candy, when I picked them up from Nursery they both had these HUGE bags FULL of candy...I mean, MORE than I would have even normally given someone! ONLY IN HAWAII....But, like the good daughter Olivia is, she took one bite of the chocolate and said, "it's yucky mommy!" and handed it back to me....which in turn turned Luke off to it! GOOD GIRL Olivia!
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Not Your Traditional Easter Basket!
Posted by
My Dearest Rich
at
10:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
I think that was a fantastic idea! They are very young for candy. Our Easter Bunny does toys and gadgets with a little bit of candy. More gadgets. :-) Where's the house you're moving into?
Great idea my dear! What a good mother you are!
That is what we do for our kids too...The easter bunny has a tradition at our house..Every year he brings the kids a new kite...They get a kite and one big toy...That is it...
Thats what I like doing, my kids eat enough candy as it is, I don't want to give them even more just because its a holiday. I got them one egg of jellybeans and then some little toys, but of course my mom gave them a basket with chocolate and candy and crap. Well at least we tried. :) I actually ended up throwing most of the candy away before they could complain!
Good idea! We love all the art supplies at our house too, keeps my little suckers busy!
Post a Comment